Parkway Little League was founded in 1956 to give the children in South Sacramento an opportunity to participate in a wholesome, family oriented activity. Since that time thousands of young boys and girls have benefited from the many men and women who have selflessly donated their time and skills to teach sportsmanship, teamwork, commitment and perseverance. Parkway Little League continues to serve the families in South Sacramento, Laguna, Elk Grove and surrounding areas.
2021 Registration is now CLOSED
We have a few spots available. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we have any spots available.
COVID Screening, Notification and Response
1. The Elk Grove School District holds the authority to close the park and cancel our field use permit if it is deemed necessary due to regional or local health orders or due to covid-19 illness outbreak.
2. All park visitors will be required to perform a self-screening before leaving their home for COVID-19 Symptoms. See Parkway Little League COVID Self Check Questionnaire attachment. If any person answers yes to any question on the self-check questionnaire, the person shall not come to the park. If it is a player, the parent shall notify the team manager that the player will not be attending the scheduled event.
3. Any park visitor that develops or displays COVID like symptoms while at the park will be expected to leave the park.
4. Participants who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are presumed to be positive shall follow the direction of their physician in terms of when and how it is safe to return to play.
Teams aka Cohorts
1. Each Team, aka “Cohort”, will consist of no more than 13 players plus no more than 3 adults.
2. Any participants who are uncomfortable participating for any reason will be allowed to leave the park without fear of ridicule or repercussion.
Equipment & Uniforms
1. Players are required to bring and use their own glove.
2. Players are encouraged to bring their own batting helmet and bat.
3. The League will provide equipment that can be used at your own risk.
4. Parents will be responsible for the regular disinfection of their players equipment.
5. Parents will be instructed to wash jerseys and practice cloths after each game or practice. 6. Teams will not share equipment.
1. No food is allowed in the dugout or on the playing field. This includes gum and sunflower seeds.
2. Each player is to bring their own water bottle clearly marked with their name and kept in or near their equipment bag.
3. No team snacks are allowed, before, during or after practices or games.
1. CDC “Stop the spread of germs” flyer will be emailed reminding participants to practice good hygiene habits.
2. Parents are encouraged to provide their players with an individual sized hand sanitizer that they will keep in their equipment bag.
3. Players will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer before each practice or game before entering the dugout or field.
Use of Face Coverings and PPE
1. It will be the responsibility of the league to ensure that managers, coaches and staff are trained in the proper way to wear a mask.
2. Face coverings are strongly recommended at all times by everyone in the park except for players actively participating in the game. This means on the field with glove on or bat in hand.
3. Players are required to wear face covering when they are on the bench/dugout.
1. The league will ensure that the times of games do no overlap to ensure social distancing.
2. During games the natural position of the players allows for social distancing.
3. Players will be required to follow social distancing guidelines during any verbal group instruction.
4. No physical contact is allowed including by not limited to high fives, hugs, handshakes, fist bumps or other contact.
5. Players and spectators will not be sharing any indoor space, all our events will be held outdoors.
6. Spectators who choose to wait or observe will be encouraged to maintain proper social distancing.
Arrival and Exiting
1. Players and Coaches will be asked to directly report their assigned field upon arrival at the park.
2. Postgame huddles and team discussions shall not exceed 15 minutes.
3. All individuals not participating in cleanup, sanitization or field maintenance activities will be asked to leave the park within 30 minutes of the game or practice ending.
Parkway Little League 20% OFF SHOP EVENT
Friday, March 12th – March 15th
Sacramento, CA (Delta Shores) Store Location
Don’t forget! This weekend, DICK’S Sporting Goods is offering you a 20% off discount throughout the store. So, grab the things you’ll need for the season and all the other gear you’ve been wanting too! Be sure to use the coupon linked below, as this is specific to our organization. The coupon is valid in-store on the dates above and should be shown at the register during checkout.
To shop online instead of in-store, use code TMSPORTSMAR1215BSBL for 20% off your purchase of team sports equipment* and cleats only. *Some exclusions apply.
Parkway Little League Spring Baseball and Softball season is right around the corner! Boys and Girls aged 4-16 and resides or attends school within Parkway Little League boundaries may participate. If your player is not in our boundaries, please visit Littleleague.org for assistance.
Little League is focused on assisting children in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork and physical well-being. By espousing the virtues of character, courage and loyalty, the Little League Baseball program is designed to develop superior citizens rather than superior athletes. To learn more, visit Little League International's website.
Your player’s league age is determined by the Little League Baseball® and Little League Softball® Age Charts. The dates for baseball and softball are different, but each determines the division in which your Little Leaguer will play this season. The Age Determination Date for a Little League Baseball player is the actual age of a child as of August 31 of the current year. The Age Determination Date for a Little League Softball player is the actual age of a child as of January 1 of the current year.
Parkway Little League Rally Call! … Sponsors Needed
We are asking our Parkway Little League families, “Who do you know? Is there any person, or business, in your contact list that could help our kids?”
We are looking for sponsors to contribute to our program this year. There are many areas where sponsors can help. Some of these areas include, but are not limited to:
Being a part of a team means you are part of a community. And we thank our community for their on-going support of youth sport and youth development.
Attached is a Sponsor Request Letter. We ask that you contact individuals and businesses had find out how they can help (the list above is just a guideline). If you leave the letter with them, please sign your name and include your phone number, so they know who to follow-up with.
Contact us directly to discuss your opportunities to be a part of the Parkway Little League team
These fine organizations make what we do possible. Please show your support to these amazing sponsors and thank them for their commitment to our organization. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities